Welcome to my Online Journey!!

Welcome!!!!!

Feel free to leave me a comment! Id love to hear from you!


Take Care,
Deb

Wednesday, January 30, 2008






Ahhhhh…. There is nothing better than returning home from a great vacation! Regardless of the fun and excitement of it all, that moment when you lie in our own bed for the first time in several days makes coming home all the more sweet!! I love coming home to HUGE hugs and “Mommy!!!!” there is nothing better, EVER!

San Francisco was amazing. I found myself looking forward to visiting a sunny, warm city. HA! I couldn’t believe how cold and rainy it was. With the exception of only one day, it rained, and rained and rained! We had a good time even in the rain, thankful for the complimentary umbrellas from the front desk.


We spent a lot of time on the Muni (city bus.) For $1.50 a day, we could tour all of the city attractions. On the first day, we instantly went to the Golden Gate even in the rain. How amazing! From one spot, we could take in the breath-taking view of the Bridge and then we could glance at Alcatraz. We didn’t visit the ‘jail island’. I just found it too eerie. We also went to Haight and Ashbury, the famous intersection in SF. Very cool in a hippy-dippy kind of way…. Summer of Love……We cruised the 60’s shops and cafes.

We also went to Pier 39, full of restaurants and shops. Even in the rain, we walked through the Pier. My favorite little shop was San Francisco Sock Market. This little shop was full of hundreds of socks! I bought each of the girls a fun pair. Hallie got ones that look like pink Chuck Taylors, Carly got a pair those truly look like a pair of pink ballet slippers and Lauren’s were your typical 12 year old long striped fun socks. My friend’s favorite store was Bare Essentials! We got a make-over and we were pampered. How fun! Also, we got to see all of the sea lions at the pier. They were cute and Loud!

Finally, I eat Calamari… Yes, Squid!! I am not typically one to try something new. But, I tasted it and actually enjoyed it. I even ate it twice. We also eat Calm Chowder everyday! It was amazing! It was served in a sourdough bowl. But, I have to say my all time favorite spot was Kara’s Cupcakes! Yep, we were on our way out of Girardelli Square and saw the most adorable cupcakes! I wish I could have brought them home for everyone! The cutest little girl came in with her dad and ordered a chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing. She took the last one, then looked up and said, “Sorry for taking the last one”. It was so cute! I loved these cupcakes! Big surprise!



If you get a chance, I recommend a trip to San Francisco!

1 comment:

CortneyTree said...

I have a Kara's Cupcakes T-shirt from my honeymoon...

SO glad you enjoyed San Fran, though I should have warned you about the weather--when Matt and I were there in June it was 50 degrees and windy as hell. I think August must be the time to go ;)