Welcome to my Online Journey!!

Welcome!!!!!

Feel free to leave me a comment! Id love to hear from you!


Take Care,
Deb

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Key West at a glance.....Days 5 & 6

Sunday, Nov. 2nd!

Sunday is always a good day in Key West. It was a beautiful day! Our first show was at 2pm!! We took advantage of doing some shopping on Duval. My absolutely favorite shop in KW is called 7 Artists! My home is full of glass that is painted by Michael Sanders! He is so very talented! Its always refreshing to walk into his shop, he greets us with big hugs and a true conch update. Michael and I met my first in KW after a two hour shopping trip in his shop on a rainy day! He took the time to really talk to me, ever since, we've remained great friends! He always gives me a good deal on his stuff!!


After shopping, we decided we should at least eat once at Margaritaville! It was much less crowded than when the Boat Drunks were playing. We sat next to the stage. It was so inspiring, thinking of all of the wonderful talent that has performed just a few feet away... awesome. We had calamari and a bowl of corn / crab chowder! It was delicious. We finished our shopping trip next door buying Margaritaville shirts for the girls!


Finally, its time for the music. We head to Blue Heaven, the most amazing show of the weekend! James Sunny Jim White hosts the Singer/Songwriter show atop the water tank in the courtyard of Blue Heaven. Its such a great show.... James invites artists to come and sing a few songs, the list goes on forever! I truly enjoyed hearing each and every singer! I always enjoy watching James and his father Shady play together! Shady was in Jamaica with us, he likes to call me 'Divin' Deb'... He is a sweet, sweet man! I got the first opportunity to finally hear Bob Karwin sing! It was so exciting and fun! He is truly talented. I found a spot to watch in the middle, Bob launches into his Rudy song inspired by Jim Hoehn. Jim seems to be standing near me during this song, it was so fun listening to Jim's comments during this song! They both are so entertaining!! Jim and Bob really make me laugh and smile through their talents! I also really appreciated Tall Paul speaking to me later in the afternoon. I've always been a TP fan, but he and Kristie makes it personal for Craig and I. When he asks for my requests, I feel its a must to sing his original music~ I would love to go to a show and hear him to sing all originals!! I know the crowd loves the covers, but I think he is an amazing songwriter! He was so sweet.... might take him up on his offer to let him sing to me in his living room any song I want to hear!!


Once the show was over at Blue Heaven, We found a nice table in the back and had the most amazing meal ever! Surf and Turf!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! If you ever go to KW, its a must to have this exact meal at Blue Heaven! It is without a doubt, the best meal of my life! So amazing!


Once we were stuffed, we headed off to hear Don at the Conch then we drifted to Schooner's Wharf to hear Jim Morris finalize the weekend. Hanging with Milkaukee Mike one last time before the weekend is over. Took a few more photos with him.. (hopefully Craig recognizes me in this one...hahahaha) We ofcourse finished our night with Hugo at the Hog. I couldn't believe our vacation was already almost over! Toward the end of the night, Craig and I met up with Don Middlebrook and Lori to head to the Green Parrot. We picked up my new favorite musician along the way, Bob Karwin. He was only with us a moment before he stopped to play his guitar on Duval. How fun! After the green parrot, the four of us headed to end our KW vacay at Mr. Z's for one last slice of pizza!





The vacation of a lifetime...until next year!!!!!


Monday, Nov. 3
Its Monday morning, Craig and Rick head to get the rental car as we finish cleaning up our little home away from home. The drive home was quiet.... we stopped at the 7 Mile Grill to have one last fish sandwich. It was wonderful! Thanks for the advice!! Next stop... Indiana!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I don't understand half of what you're talking about because I have never been to KW, but it sure sounds like you had a blast! I also think you were really born and raised there, and somehow wound up in Lapel, IN by accident! LOL! Do you and Craig have your retirement home picked out already? I have to say...your vacation really makes me want to take a trip to KW! Thanks for sharing...it's fun to see how other people spend their vacations! Love and miss you lots! D